Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Update

September update.

Did I just say those words?  It's September already!

While you are here, I hope you get a chance to read the edited page above "The Game Has Change".  I think it a good read, and a lot more comprehensive than the page I used to have in its place.

Random Stuff.
 For those of you who have not heard yet, I am now trying the Dragon NaturallySpeaking as a way to write articles.  So far, I think we are still in the learning phase, it is a little frustrating.  But I think at the end it will save me time.

I had to pay for hosting renewal this week. It ran about $100.  When I started, I paid about $60 for my first year. You know how those things are --  you enter the first year at really low price, and then they raise the price on ya'.

So it has me wondering if this the right road to be on. Here I am almost $300 into this enterprise and frankly, I'm not seeing that kind of return yet.

But for the first eight months of those hosting fees I did nothing but let it cost me.

I've made all my money in the last four months, and if I'd started a year ago.  I could probably be retired right now.

Maybe that's too optimistic - who knows? Let's just say that after five months of truly working I'm really excited by the potential.

And I'm really glad to have you guys watch from the sidelines.  Win or fail - hey, we'll find out if this works out.

I have a really great idea, I really want to share with you guys.  In case you haven't noticed, Christmas is just around the corner.  And I really think there's a lot of potential to make a lot of money in very few months.

I kind of got this train of thought from this dude called the Zen Duck.  He started off like I did not long ago, and he has really done well for himself.  Here, read the article for yourself.  I have this crazy idea about how we could probably write a few posts, send it a few back links, and make enough money to help pay for Christmas.

But, frankly is not something I've done enough research on to be able to give any authority to it.  However, if I get enough free time at the end of this month I will pursue the idea myself and if some of you want to join me on this crazy little moneymaking enterprise it will be a great time to hop on.

I even have a worked out how it won't cost us any money -- that's always a positive exhalation point.

If nothing else, it might be a great way to decide if this Internet marketing is something that you would like.  Maybe you won't make any money, but you'll do all the same work that I would be doing.

And, I've learned that if you do enough work, you will make a go of this.

Enough rambling.  If you guys want me to do a post on my idea, just comment below and I'll take the time to flesh it out for you. I will try to keep the work required to under one hour a day.

And if you get completely crazy like me and spend $300 on this enterprise?  Well, I know people who spend more on crazier stuff.

Monthly Report


Alright, so some fun things this month. We had one page make it to page one of Google.  For four days.  (It was ranked #4.)  It has since slipped back to page 23 (#20-24 in the rankings), but during that little time near the top we made some fun bank.

This was especially great because I was doing some website updates during the first two weeks of the month that cost me 10 days of profit. seriously.  We made like a dollar during the 10 days.

Plus, thanks to my wife's help we were able to take one of the websites from 13 pages to 30 pages.  There were times where we had the same Google document opened and were both typing in it at the same time. It was a pretty crazy end of month there to get those all done.

So here's the breakdown -- I hope it's inspiring.

Last Month:
Income: $26.18
Vistors: 2110

This Month:
Adsense: $27.89
Amazon: $5.98
Chitika: $0.50
Share a sale: $0 (New Affiliate.  Hoping to see a boost next month)

Total Income: $34.28 (31% increase)
Unique Visits: 3039 (44% increase)



No comments:

Post a Comment