Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Income Update - October, 2011

Hey, hey, hey!


So I've already mostly spilt the beans, but this month turned out great!


We finally made page #1 of Google for a Keyword.  In fact, this was the first keyword that I had ever thought of targeting.  It turned out to require a little bit of work to make it happen, but I'm really proud of the page and what it offers my readers, and I'm thrilled to be on the First Page of Google with it!


What's even more exciting is that most readers really enjoy the page and the relevancy of the information, spending about 5 minutes a visit on it!


And, no, I won't reveal this niche. Too competitive.



Additionally, since we corrected some of our conversion rate issues, (which included not having advertising up on all of the websites - wowzers!) the pages seem to be converting a little better.


So, drum roll, please...


Last Month:
Income: $34.28
Vistors: 3039

This Month:
Adsense: $53.56
Amazon: $6.02

Chitika: $0.95
Share-a-sale: $0 (Still. And it stole 50 clicks that I could've made money on elsewhere.  I think I will start phasing it out.)

Total Income: $60.53 (76% increase)
Unique Visits: 5467 (79% increase)



(View Last Month's Report)


Part of last month's Amazon revenue got returned. (They released the Kindle Fire, and the person that had bought the Kindle returned it).  I decided not to count the returns for these monthly income updates.


Also, I finally sold over 7 Amazon Items in a month which moved me from 4% commission to 6%. Let's hope that continues for the holidays!


Goals for November:


As you know, I had the crazy idea to launch a Christmas Gifts Website. I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I'll be sending it a lot of backlinks to see if it makes any money in a last-minute bid for some personal holiday cheer.


Secondly, I've looked at my two main websites.  The biggest earner really just ranks for that main keyword, and a lot of others that I have backlinked it for.  It is not picking up on a lot of long-tail traffic.  I've decided to focus on increasing its position for that term.  I think the page will serve mankind well by being in the top-3.  


Thirdly, I have a second website that picks up a lot of traffic for a lot of different keywords.  Frankly, that's more what I would like to see.  I've decided to use Fraser's  keyword metrics (modified slightly) to try to target about 50 new pages (I know, ambitious, right?) on this site to increase my long-tail traffic even more.


What are those metrics?
1. The keyword has around 100-400 visits in Google Keyword Tools
2. When you type a search for that term in quotes (ie. "Pink Iphones For Sale") it returns less than 10,000 competing pages. 


I will also use the Keyword Suggestor to help increase my variety.


Fraser calls this "picking the super low-hanging fruit".


Keywords are everything.  
Pick the ones with little competition and you have a good thing in your pocket.

Hopefully this strategy will allow me to keep growing in a way that meets a lot of different visitor's needs.


Fourthly, this website has two pages on the second page of Google.  I would like to promote these to the first page as I believe that could lead to an immediate income jump. 


So, there you have it!  Feel free to hit me up with any questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment