Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mid-November update

Hey guys!  It's been a pretty rocking month so far, and I thought I would take ten seconds and share the excitement with you.

#1 On Google!

First of all, the first website I started has made it to position #1 on Google!  I have to say that is pretty exciting.  It's been flirting with the number 1 spot since the first week of November (bouncing between #5 and #1)



To solidify my position, I followed Fraser's SEO Tip #33 and added 5 internal links from other pages that pointed back to the main page.  This seemed to help Google make up its mind.


Exciting Screen Shots!

What My Current Adsense Dashboard is Showing
As you can see, being #1 on Google has its perks.  I've already by-passed last month's income.  Now, today's number is extraordinarily high, but we have had multiple $10 days (and one $.88 day).

The trick now will be taking these rudiments I've learned and replicating the success.

No-More-White-Socks

As you guys recall, I've started a little site to help make myself rich this holiday season. (And stop a horrible holiday epidemic called "white sock syndrome")

It's a well-built site, with great product reviews, and now I am adding condensed shopping guides such as "8 Steps For Picking A Christmas Gift".

And this little bugger has finally taken off.  Take a look at our "traffic cam" for traffic from visits by natural searches:

nomorewhitesocks.com takes off!


A peek at my "secrets":
So far I have sent it links from 40 guest posts in the PostRunner article directory (Part of The Keyword Academy memberhip)  I also sent it a link from an ezinearticles and an infobarrel article, which seem to have caused the sudden spike in rankings.

Additionally, I sent each of my guest posts to one of the following websites for added backlinks.


Now these websites produce only super-cheap backlinks with no value, but they can help the search engines find my guest posts more quickly.

Here's a picture of how this works (click to enlarge):
Also, the website has received a couple of offers for link-exchanges with other sites, including one that has a page rank of 3.  ( I linked to them and they linked to me)

I'm convinced that even if we can't stop the "White Sock Epidemic" this year, we may be able to next year.

And, for good measure, I submitted it to a new social-bookmarking program I've  found called socialadr , that was mentioned in the Keyword Academy forums.

Altogether, it makes a pretty complete back linking package that has it listed on page 1 of Yahoo for the term "Christmas Gift Ideas" and page 6 of Google for the same term.

Pareto's Law

This is also known as "Working Your Winners."  This is something that applies to you, no matter what area of business you are in and is something I want to write about in more depth, hopefully tomorrow.

For me, this month, it means finding those pages that are on the second page of Google and getting them to the first page.  Or it means finding those pages that have plenty of traffic, but poor conversion, and finding ways to coax more money out of them.

Basically, you take something that is a success, and turn it into a bigger success. More on that tomorrow.

So that's going to wrap it up for the night.  I have a new backlinking campaign that I'm dying to try tonight.  Also, soon, I'm going to have an exciting announcement for you guys about some of my New Year's plans that will make it easier for my readers like yourself to get into the game. (if that's what you're into, that is.)

Thanks for Your Support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment